1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

it's not all doom n gloom :)

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Limmer, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Having used the TES forums (the NQT one especially) for a good rant an moan in the past I thought I would share some nice news with the world for a change.

My agency set up an interview for a long term role till next may half term, I had to teach a bit on a topic i had never ever taught but it all went well and i have been told i can start next week :D

Cold guiness and chocolate consumed - can not wait to get back into a school teaching full time again. I love this job :)

2. Congratulations!

3. Great stuff!! Viel Glueck!

4. ..yes, well done. Indeed, being an optimist by nature I would hope things do get better but as it stands right at this moment, its pretty soding dire for all concerned out there...lets hope things improve...and soon!!

5. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Am in Lancashire and have been getting regular supply-I am however registered with every agency except the LTA!

6. bigpig

bigpig New commenter

LTA is pretty dead at the moment.

7. Cheers folks though given that what i got told i was teaching by the agency and what i was told from the school when i went in the other day it seems a bit disorganised. But its long term work so i can't complain especially compared to what people seem to have or not have elsewhere in the country.

8. historygrump

historygrump Senior commenter Forum guide

I am in GT Manchester, Lancashire and West Yorkshire area and I am getting now't, so you are very lucky mrs-pip.