1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It's my class assembly on World Book Day! Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Bsmirched, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Bsmirched

Bsmirched New commenter

I know others have already asked for ideas for World Book Day, but I was wondering if anyone had any bright ideas for an assembly? My class are Year 3 and many are VERY poor readers,who don't have many books at home so any discussion about "my favourite book" wouldn't yield too many results other than books I've read to them. Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
    B xx

pepper5 likes this.
  2. Bsmirched

Bsmirched New commenter

I know others have already asked for ideas for World Book Day, but I was wondering if anyone had any bright ideas for an assembly? My class are Year 3 and many are VERY poor readers,who don't have many books at home so any discussion about "my favourite book" wouldn't yield too many results other than books I've read to them. Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
    B xx

3. I have got an assembly i wrote last year you could have, e mail me if interested. I don't know wthether it would be very good but it might give you some ideas. This year i am doing clues to books, getting the kids to put a different clue on till they get it:

1.Giant spots, Dog bowel, Puppy! (spot the dog)
    2. Fur coat, Turkish delight, Lion cuddly toy, Witches hat
    3. A peach!
    4.Stone, wand, Cape, Lightning scar, glasses
    5.pumpkin, blond wig, sweeping brush, glass slipper, ball
    6.apple, seven reception kids!, Mirror
    7. hat, cat
    8. golden ticket, chocolate, wonka bar
    9. put someone on a chair and wrap them in foil! (iron giant)
    10. letters/postcards, cd of someone really laughing, postbox (jolly postman)
    11. pie, water melon leaves (hungry caterpillar)
    12. a torch, a cuddly owl (The owl who was afraid of the dark)

Also, there is two good songs you can download from itunes both called 'read a book' which the kids loved
    emserata@hotmail.com

4. Bsmirched

Bsmirched New commenter

You are so imaginative!
    It's even worse as my assembly follows a real all singing all dancing one from the next year group up! I have emailed you re the assembly from last year!!
    Thanks for replying,
    B xx

5. Hi, is it possible to email your assembly script as well. I am doing an assembly on world book day as well with my year 2 class and desp need ideas. I would be soooo grateful if you could

Thanks so much

my email address is katiekoss@hotmail.com

6. iloverazorlight

iloverazorlight New commenter

Hi there! I love your ideas for book assemblies - is there any chance you could send a copy? Struggling to decide on what to do for mine! becksw6@hotmail.com
    Many thanks x

7. kirarose

kirarose New commenter

8. kirarose

kirarose New commenter

i

Hi, I am also doing an assembly linked with world book day and books.
    Would you be able to email your script to me as well please? I would really appreciate it.
    shakira.s.w@live.co.uk
    Thank you.

9. CHINIAHMED

CHINIAHMED New commenter

please can i have your script for my assembly. thank you. chini_ahmed@yahoo.com

10. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Don't like to rain on your parade, but as the script was mentioned 10 years ago it's unlikely to be very much use.

Try searching on resources here, or on google.

marlin likes this.