1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It's going to be one of those days...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Dec 20, 2015.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

kibosh likes this.
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Of course for some it'll be...

3. ninenotes

ninenotes Senior commenter

I know its Christine Bleakley's wedding day but soldier on mate, you'll get over it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Who's Christine Bleakley?

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

6. ninenotes

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Is that a Duh! expression?
    Sorry. I didn't know either, so went to find out and once i did I thought 'no harm in sharing'.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I googled her... the football culture passes me by...

9. ninenotes

Its a "how could you not know" expression.

Isn't she famous in England?

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sorry...I don't watch daytime TV [not said in an elitist way, more an apologetic shrug ~ TES, do a smiley for that!]... is she on that show with Philip Schofield? Is she the new Gordon the Gopher?

11. ninenotes

I don't watch it either!!!

So she isn't all that famous then?

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I don't care as I live in a nicer country :p;) and I don't watch terrestial tv. I must be missing out on a whole pile of utterly boring trivia . . . .woo hoo :D

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Now Frank Lampard is a football guy yes? He kicks a ball around for a living? [and people accuse me of liking childish things...]

She probably is famous for some people... when I saw her face I remembered her as the person who did the One show with Childs and went off to ITV only to bomb.

14. ninenotes

Yes, that's her. They were meant to be having the do at a local hotel but that must have been a red herring to put the press off the scent.

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I just wrote a mean post about her... and then realised, I don't know her or care enough about her. She gets married, good for her...

16. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

You're coming across as a sore loser, lan. Pretending you didn't know her...

I had an intuition that this thread isn't just inspired by just one of those days. It's just one of those things, really, isn't it?

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]

Actually it's inspired by me watching those two videos and thinking they said something clever and I wanted to share them here because I thought they'd get a decent~ish reception.

18. ninenotes

Well spotted, he's protesting too much.

Probably can't cope with the grief.

19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

20. ninenotes

If Sheldon did that at a soft play centre the UK he would be put on a register.

Seriously though, admit you're in denial and open a bottle or two.

You know it makes sense.