1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It's getting real now!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by alwalsh, Jun 27, 2012.

1. alwalsh

alwalsh New commenter

I have a place on a Sec Geog PGCE starting in September, but still have not handed my notice in to work yet :S In fact, they have no idea, and is really going to come out of the blue to them, but I have had my place confirmed since February.
    I'm not nervous about leaving, quite the opposite, I'm looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead - it's just all seeming very real now and money worries are not helping.
    Just wondered if anyone else felt the same?

2. I feel exactly the same. I work too and it is going to be a shock when I tell everyone because I have never mentioned the possibility that I might go into teaching to them. I am also a mature student so it really is quite a surprise thing for me to do.

I've totally lost interest in paid work now and I'm really struggling to motivate myself.

3. Hi, I am in exactly the same boat! I cant wait to start my course, but at the same time I feel a little guilty leaving my current job, but I think the PGCE will definitely be worth it overall! Not long to go know just 2 months, I am thinking of finishing my job about mid august to give me 2 weeks off before the pgce starts.