1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It's Friday night....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Arched Eyebrow, Jan 28, 2011.

1. .......and I had plans to go out to <strike>Ben and Jerries</strike> Frankie and Bennies with the girls. It's bloody cold out there, I am skint and I didn't wash my hair this morning, so all day I was thinking of making up some excuse and ringing our 'social secretary' and pulling out.
    I was thinking about what to say when she phoned to tell me it was off - as two others had pulled out. YAY!
    Now, is it really sad that I am <u>delighted</u> I can stay in and slob out in front of the TV instead this evening????
    Isn't Friday night about having fun and beginning the weekend?

2. .......and I had plans to go out to <strike>Ben and Jerries</strike> Frankie and Bennies with the girls. It's bloody cold out there, I am skint and I didn't wash my hair this morning, so all day I was thinking of making up some excuse and ringing our 'social secretary' and pulling out.
    I was thinking about what to say when she phoned to tell me it was off - as two others had pulled out. YAY!
    Now, is it really sad that I am <u>delighted</u> I can stay in and slob out in front of the TV instead this evening????
    Isn't Friday night about having fun and beginning the weekend?

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ha, ha Archey - you are me!!
    Similar-ish thing happened to me before Christmas when the snow put the mockers on one of those girly shopping parties (like a Body Shop party but different stuff) at my friend's house. I was so desperate not to go, but felt I ought to and then it was cancelled at the eleventh hour.
    Jim jams on, remote in one hand, wine in the other. Bliss! [​IMG]

4. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Oh, I just LOVE it when something you don't want to go to is cancelled.
    I have book group tonight but a very norty part of me just can't be assed ....

5. [​IMG]
    (The answer is 'yes' because a glass of wine and the telly buttons, as Manashee so rightly points out, are often our best friends!)

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Friday night, fire burning, wine and Corrie!! Bliss!

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Friday night = curry, lager, telly. Written in stone at Surf Bus Towers.

Reminds me I must get the Vindaloo out of the freezer..

8. Yup. Add wine, a tasty morsel or two to eat and you have (imo - which is probably very sad) the perfect evening. [​IMG]
    I ought not make any more plans to go out really. Nearer the time I always end up thinking "I wish I didn't have to go...." However, when I get there I usually have a good time. It just seems like so much effort.

9. A night in on the sofa is far superior to a night in the godawful frankie and benny's

10. Friday evenings are wonderfully predictable - my 2 favourite men home (son&heir & Mr-soon-to-be-fenty), yet another disastrous but hilarious attempt on my part to make Yorkshire puddings (it's my heritage, dammit, I should be able to do them with my eyes closed) wine & TV.
    I do, however, have vague longings for a last minute cancellation for Sunday afternoon, as I have to go & be sociable & I don't want to. But it's a friend's mum's 80th - any reasons for cancelling would seemingly not be good ones... [​IMG]

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I backed out of going to a 40th birthday party last weekend.
    My husband couldn't go, I didn't know anyone else who was going and I was on my knees with tiredness after the cumulative effects of the working week and running around after my mum on Saturday, with delights of all my own domestic chores still to come on Sunday.
    I felt dreadful about it, but I had visions of sitting alone, nursing a lemonade (party was 10 miles away, so would have had to drive) and fighting to stay awake despite the blaring music.
    So I wendied out and lay on the sofa recharging my batteries.
    Rock n' roll...

12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

MrCatmother and I were both dismissed to find out that my best friend had chosen today (Friday night!) rather than Saturday to go out for his belated birthday meal. It means getting dressed up and going back to the town where we've already just come back from after work. I want to stay home!

13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Can't stand it either.

14. Ours is fine...and my friend had half price vouchers too <~~~That was the draw. We had a decent meal, good service (makes such a change!) and a good laugh there last November. Were pleasantly surprised.

15. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I'm a WENDY too. I love it. In my little wendy house. Going out: over-priced hassle and strife. Staying in: chilled, selfish bliss and an early night peering through one eye at a good book. Hic. [​IMG]

16. Friday night = Myself and Mr J, homemade chilli + nachos, tv and wine - love it [​IMG]

17. Chris4

Chris4 New commenter

I also love Friday nights - slobbing out on the sofa with a triple bill of soaps on the box, glass of wine and something nice to eat. Soooo cold out at the moment, we all need to hibernate. I've just had an invite to someone's leaving 'do' in a couple of weeks, feel I should go as she is a nice person, but really really don't want to go as it means leaving the house to eat horrid pub food on a school night. I will probably go in the end because I feel I should, but I am pretty sure I won't enjoy myself. I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels like that!

18. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Mr BS and I used to go out every Friday. This year we have been staying in and it neither of us have missed being out. I used to be struggling to stay awake by about 10pm.
    Tonight it's a bottle of wine and Jonathan Creek or Midsomer Murders from the Sky+ and I'll be able to get up and get on with what I need to tomorrow morning.

19. I love Fridays because everyone else is in an excellent mood.

20. I absolutely love going out.
    I just can't afford to!