1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It's coming to almost two weeks

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Training_2_Teach, May 19, 2011.

1. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

and I still have not heard anything from the school about whether I was successful or not at the interview. I sent them an e-mail two days ago but there has been no come back. Should I assume I did not get the job? I know that they have made contact with one of my referees.

2. Training_2_Teach

and I still have not heard anything from the school about whether I was successful or not at the interview. I sent them an e-mail two days ago but there has been no come back. Should I assume I did not get the job? I know that they have made contact with one of my referees.

3. I would not worry too much! If you have not heard in the next two weeks though I would keep job hunting and assume that you didnt get it. It is not uncommon for some schools to contact people 6-8 weeks after interview. This has happened to many colleagues including myself. Sometimes schools try to appoint teachers but then both parties involved cannot come to a mutual agreement in terms of pay and benefits.
    Then will offer the job to some of the other candidates that were interviewed.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    I would keep your options open at this stage.

4. Hi.

yes, I know what that it can be quite stressful. I had my intervies on 8th March and I only got my acceptance on the 22nd of March. If I was you I would call them in the next few days and explain that you have to give your current school notice.. Good luck and hope you got the job. Contacting your references is a good sign.

Zelda

5. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

I had one of my interviews in February and was offered the job in May. Some places are different to others.....

6. Training_2_Teach

Still waiting, it's almost 3 weeks now. I have made contact and was told that they still have not come a decision as the head has been off for a few days. This wait is killing me, the longest I have waited for anyone to reply.