1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It's been a tough week..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by captain oats, Jan 28, 2011.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Have been assessing my Year 5 class this week. Marked their maths tests today and was so annoyed at how badly they had done that I had a bit of a cry.

Didn't intend to, just needed to let off steam (morale is pretty low at school at the moment) went to toilet to calm down, blow my nose etc. Return to classroom as children come in for the afternoon lessons and one of my delightful pupils says,

'What's wrong with your face?'

I can laugh about it now, but it wasn't funny at the time!

2. captain oats

Have been assessing my Year 5 class this week. Marked their maths tests today and was so annoyed at how badly they had done that I had a bit of a cry.

Didn't intend to, just needed to let off steam (morale is pretty low at school at the moment) went to toilet to calm down, blow my nose etc. Return to classroom as children come in for the afternoon lessons and one of my delightful pupils says,

'What's wrong with your face?'

I can laugh about it now, but it wasn't funny at the time!

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Marking my Y12 RS groups timed essays and one of my students has handed in four pages of equations. I'm wondering if their maths teacher has an RS essay....

4. Sympathies from fellow year 5 teacher, this has been one hard slog since September.

5. captain oats

Very reassuring to know I'm not alone. Thanks for the replies.