1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It's a shame we can't . . . .

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kibosh, Dec 24, 2015.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

post sound recordings on TES.
    I'd like to share the very loud sound of the wind and rain whistling, roaring and battering against the conservatory windows and the trees outside, whilst the old letter box in the front door (NOT spring loaded) rattles and bangs like an afterthought. Meanwhile, in a sound-picture of cosiness, my two cats are gently snoring and making wee happy noises, one on each sofa.

What about you?

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

We had a hail storm this afternoon. I had my head down doing something and wondered what on Earth the noise was - I thought something had come loose off the roof.

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Would you like to get a wee sound-bite, from a poster's current location, with each post you read? Or maybe an option/facility you could switch on if you wanted to hear something special. . . .

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I thought you might actually be able to attach a sound file but I've just tried and it didn't work.

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I footered about with things before too . . .it might work if one recorded a .wav file and attempted to upload it using the 'Upload a File' button (though this may be for visual data only) . . . . I'll need to investigate further

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Nah, you are right, it only allows .png, .jpeg, .pdf .txt etc.,

7. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

There are a lot of fireworks banging here this evening.

8. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

An interesting idea, kibosh. Maybe it's something TES will consider offering in the next revamp.

I feel certain my grandchildren will take some delight when we skype later today in betting whether the dog or cat wins the race and subsequent wrestling matches they have as they chase each other around our home.

I live with a background noise of drrrr as the pair race one way past the study and rrrrd when they race the other, interspersed with the occasional yelp from the dog when the cat has the better of the subsequent bout, a sound of something crashing when the cat gets the worse of it and leaps to a higher position that the dog can't reach and the sound of my sweetheart berating them whenever her vases of flowers get knocked off the windowsill, coupled with threats that if they hurt each other, she won't have the money to find for any vet bills they incur should the dog's beady eyes get scratched out or the cat find himself tailless.

Between them though, we are thankfully free from mice and rats and the squirrels scarper away from the nuts my sweetheart leaves out for them whenever I walk the dog, alerted mostly I would imagine, by my shout of "Oi!" as the dog catches a glance of them tugs on his lead just as I'm trying to light a fag.

I'd love to know what goes on in the background of other poster's homes as they post their words of wisdom too.

9. rouxx

rouxx Lead commenter

Background noise - the hush of the waves crashing on the beach :D

cuteinpuce likes this.
  10. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Last night I was thinking of what Kibosh had posted - very windy and wet outside.

11. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

You probably wouldn't ;)
    This morning when I first opened Personal there was a little bit of rude language but this was swiftly followed by quite a bit of laughter after I (for once) made extensive use of the Ignore feature.
    I'll switch it off after Christmas so I can play but for now all is tranquility and even Eva seems to have blown herself out

sabrinakat likes this.
  12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Daughter-beast is sleeping, pancakes are badly cooking and wife is off getting ready..

And NaziCat is watching me from the sofa while glancing at the presents.

13. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

The dogs are salivating in the kitchen, I expect, as wife cooks.

The soundtrack to my life is, as always, Radio 4.

All very tranquil. Then the GDW first-born will arrive with her children and the 'find the penguin' games will begin.

14. rouxx

rouxx Lead commenter

I miss Radio 4
    When I am awake it is the middle of the night - so programming isn't so good. Have to just download individual ones.

15. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Happy Christmas everyone.

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Merry Christmas one and all!

17. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

The Wizard of Oz. Not entirely my choice.

18. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

You should tune in to the World Service at night.