1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ITGS anyone with any experience of this

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Silent85, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Silent85

Silent85 New commenter

Can you please let me know all you can on this data?

2. Silent85

Silent85 New commenter

anyone?

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

What is it? Maybe a link so we know what it is?

4. We have discussed it here before, comparing ITGS to CS - both are IB courses.

I'll bump the relevant thread.

5. Silent85

Silent85 New commenter

Thanks for the helpful post :)

6. ict04

ict04 New commenter

What do you want to know?

The syllabus you can get from the online curriculum centre (occ.ibo.org) - if your school is an IB school you should have access to this site. There is a discussion forum there as well as past papers etc.

7. Silent85

Silent85 New commenter

I dont have a log in (its for a interview) and my current school dont have a log in.

8. stdavsurfer

stdavsurfer New commenter

From 2012, all ITGS student have to undertake a project which should involve a real client who has to sign off documentation at different stages of the project cycle. SL and HL students are weighted differently (30%/20%) as HL students also undertake a case study research assignment for a written exam paper (10%).

On the theoretical level, the course integrates three sections ? security and privacy of data, IT systems and the impact of ICT on individuals and society. Impact of ICT is broken down into six focus areas ? Business and Economics (compulsory), Politics and Government, Education, Medicine, Arts and Entertainment, and Science and the Environment.

Since I had HL & SL students on the same time-table, I would teach the higher level course to both sets of students. I would also teach Security and Privacy of Data as a separate component so that students fully understood what they meant, before dealing with issues arising from the Impact of ICT. At the same time, I would also outline and discuss the technology systems behind the issue.

9. Silent85

Silent85 New commenter

Thank you for this useful information

:)