1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Itchy stitches

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by leeds28, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Congratulations! Mine were itchy for a while too - if you are BFing then that, ahem, dries you out a bit too. [​IMG] Lavender baths were lovely - it does get better and becomes a dim and distant memory x x

2. Wylfie

Wylfie New commenter

Silly question but how many drops of tea tree oil or lavender do you use in the bath?

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

How much longer have you got them for? Or do they dissolve?

My stitches (elsewhere on the body, admittedly) got itchier and itchier as I healed - it's apparently a good sign!

4. An update on this one... I followed my mum's advice, and had very very shallow salt baths for a couple of days, coupled with liberal use of sudacream... no problems since. Not sure which one did the trick, but what a relief! Now just woken up by the baby....

5. That's great news NSMM. Can't imagine how uncomfortable it must feel :( Good to hear mum's advice was good. They're always right you know! Have a good day with your little girl x