1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Itchy feet

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by charlieghammond, Sep 30, 2015.

1. charlieghammond

charlieghammond New commenter

I have been teaching outdoor adventure in the FE sector for 18 years, i'm a course leader and also have a MA in Outdoor education. I also teach ICT on a PGCE program, but i'm looking at possible opportunities abroad in the private school sectors. However there seems to be little in the way of Outdoor education as a sole position, do you think it would more prudent for me to be concentrating upskilling on the ICT aspects or do you think that i am not looking at the right vacancies for Outdoor education, which is my first love!

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Forest Schools - I think you have to get qualified in running them but they are becoming the 'in' thing in a lot of places now.
    http://www.forestschoolsuk.co.uk/
    They do tend to be focused on the lower age groups, but I have also worked with Forest School qualified teachers in secondary schools, and also with holiday club-type weeks run by Forest School people (which obviously can pay well!!).

solvacrime likes this.
  3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If you are thinking of opportunities abroad, then you could try asking this on this forum

Good luck.

solvacrime likes this.
  4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Advertising.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, @OwlTutors , you may not realise that this is contrary to the Terms and Conditions of use of the TES forums.