1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

itchy ankles

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by jmntsp, Oct 16, 2011.

1. jmntsp

jmntsp New commenter

Are you allergic to ankle-biters, lol?? Sorry, can't be more helpful. Have you changed washing powder for your socks, or anything similar?

2. zannar

zannar New commenter

No [​IMG]. I have YR3/4 this year. No washing powder change and it is only ankles. Very strange.

3. Have you noticed any rashes or suspicious bites? If so, it is most likely fleas. Do you have a pet?

4. zannar

zannar New commenter

Yes, I have 2 dogs and have checked them. Also they have regular treatment. No rashes or bites and the rest of the family are clear.
    I think I will put it down to another strange symptom of my ever increasing years!

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I tend to get heat rash on my ankles. It flares up when it has been hot or when I've been in a jacuzzi. Calamine cream eases the itch a bit.
    I do still have faint marks from the rash on my ankles from a spa trip in April. Attractive - NOT! [​IMG]

6. I get heat rash on my ankles too. They get horrendously itchy when they are damp and warm. Examples include entering a warm shop from cold, wet weather or sweating from walking a lot on a very hot day.

7. I've suffered with itchy ankles for a couple of years now. Solved it by using hydrocortisone cream for seven days then I used bio- oil. Worked like a dream!

8. zannar

zannar New commenter

Thanks for all your replies.
    The itching has now stopped. Is it a coincidence that it's half term?
    I must be allergic to children or classrooms![​IMG]