1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Itchen Bridge

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, May 18, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

On saturday I shall be driving first down to Southampton. Then I need to head East. The shortest route takes me across the Itchen Bridge which google says is a toll bridge. Anyone know the toll for a car?

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

On saturday I shall be driving first down to Southampton. Then I need to head East. The shortest route takes me across the Itchen Bridge which google says is a toll bridge. Anyone know the toll for a car?

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I am hoping that the forecast sunshine arrives and we can drop the lid. This is fun at 60 on an A road but not so much fun dodging HGVs at 70 on a motorway. Google and my satnav reckon it will be quicker to go back up the M27 then right up to the M25 and back down the M26! But a twisty turny route is my prefered way. PLus we may get glimpses of the sea and views of the downs as well.

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

My God, it is snowing in Hell[​IMG]

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

It's true!!!!!!!
    I've been on it for 2 weeks now (apart from being pushed off last Friday by my neighbour and 2 magnums of Harrods champagne!).
    Not only that but I'm on a healthy eating thingy and I've been in the gym most days (no excuse really, as gym is at the bottom of the garden).
    I lost 3 and a half pounds first week (that's quarter of a stone!) and weighing again next Monday!
    Blazer and Henriette.....how could you doubt me? [​IMG]

7. East Sussex especially. I no longer pay any special attention when my local 'rush hour' traffic report consists solely of warnings along the lines of 'loose cows on the A267'.........