1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Italy job, should I apply?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by mumiron, May 16, 2020.

1. mumiron

mumiron New commenter

New head at this particular school in September and suddenly so many vacancies. Am worried the staff are jumping ship for a workplace-related reason. How can I find out? It is so risky to resign from a good job here for a total unknown, particularly at the moment. (I did read the thread advising against any job changes with covid around.) I have searched the internet extensively with no luck. The school is part of a big consortium in Tuscany.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

There's a TES Forum for Overseas. It's a couple of screens further down.

Try looking on there, search Italy, to read any past information.

Then you can post on there.

Do do the search first, as they get a bit tired of people posting without first searching for what they are asking about!

Keep safe, everyone

phlogiston likes this.
  3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

So I'm deducing that you're interested in working in a school in Tuscany where there is a new head and many vacancies.
    Schools have large turnovers every so often, sometimes it's chance, sometimes it's a symptom of problems in a school. Sometimes a new head sorts things out, sometimes the chaos gets worse.
    You can go for an interview and see for yourself. No commitment other than travel costs in a time of pandemic
    If you're currently in a good job, why do you want to move? There's a lot to be said for good jobs at the moment.