1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Italian textbook/Resources

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Caity52, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Caity52

Caity52 New commenter

I've used Amici (published by Oxford) for the past two years, it seems very comprehensive and is designed to be used as either ab initio (as I have) or as a follow on from KS3 study. It even has separate study guides for AQA and Edexcel. At A level I use Da Capo which is less good but the best I've found.

2. Try the BBC website for lots of resources. Also languagesonline/linguascope. There isn;t as much for Italian so you may not have to worry too much about whether it is aimed at children! Amici is good.

3. MFLCorner

MFLCorner New commenter

Ok thanks for that. I'll try Amici
    N.

4. I've used Amici with AQA and think it's good. There's loads of listening, and the workbook's good too.

5. I'm using Tutti Insieme and find it good. There's a few resources on A tantot and Linguascope.

6. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Amici is ok, we use it with Y10 starting off and doing GCSE in two years. Although there are a lot of listening exercises, some of them are incredibly complicated and not really of an appropriate level. I wouldn't bother ordering the exercise book as it doesn't contain any vocabulary, contrary to what it advertises, and half of the exercises are unusable. Email me through the tes if you want resources, I'm happy to give you anything you'd like (we made a vocabulary booklet for instance, as Amici doesn't come with one).

7. Allison64

Allison64 New commenter

Hi
    I'm about to start teaching Italian GCSE and have no resources yet (it is new in our school), so would really appreciate anything you may have.

Thanks in advance

Allison

8. As an adult student of GCSE Italian (Edexcel) this year we used Rapid@mente from European School Books. It covers all the topic areas thoroughly and the grammar as well. Although I did feel the need to supplement the grammar, but that's probably just me. We also used Contatti but the Rapid@mente was much more engaging and straight foreward to use. So that is another possibility to have a look at.

Otter

9. Hi, Noemie
    I've just seen your generous offer about Italian resources and would like to take advantage of it, please. I'm just starting to teach a beginner's Italian to an after school class - years 9 and 10 at the moment. We have a couple of copies of Amici and some resources that I made last year, but no listening material. I would be really grateful to receive copies of any material you can make available.

Sue Cooper
    suecooper@hastingsbury.beds.sch.uk

10. I use Amici at school, Caffe Italia from ESB and /or Nuovo Progetto Italiano - which includes a very useful interactive CD-Rom - for my older/adult classes - and of course I mix and match madly!
    Rapid@mente has loads of exercises but the format is a bit - well - boring!!! Caffe and NP are proving popular with my older teenagers and my adults. Amici is solid coverage of exam topics.

Carol F

11. hello, I've just seen your generous offer of resources for Amici and I would be so grateful for anything you have ... particularly the vocab booklet. THANK YOU SO MUCH . My e mail is cmld@kes.org.uk

12. glyon1985

glyon1985 New commenter

Hi Noemie, I have just come across this post whilst researching Italian resources. It would be grateful for any Italian resources for Amici, my e-mail address is gemma.mcmullan@hotmail.co.uk.

Thank you!

13. gianfrancoconti1966

gianfrancoconti1966 Occasional commenter

I added a bunch Italian Beginner and GCSE vocabulary boxing games to the GAME ROOM section of www.language-gym.com. Check them out.