1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

italian pop song

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by buttongirl, Jun 12, 2011.

1. buttongirl

buttongirl New commenter

Hi everone,
    I'm looking for an Italian song that my sixth formers would be able to perform in their languages week in our Eurovision-style event on the final day. They will have studied Italian for only a week so something with fairly straightforward or slightly repetitive lyrics would be best, and I'd also quite like something with a bit of oomph! It doesn't have to be an original Italian song - I have in the past done the Italian version of the High School Musical song, and the Spanish group have done a Spanish version of Waterloo as well - but an original Italian one would be nice. Any suggestions would be gratefully received as I spend ages looking for a suitable song each year and would love a helping hand if anyone has a good idea they could share with me! Thanks :)

2. mflnqt

mflnqt New commenter

indietro by Tiziano Ferro?
    Io canto by Laura pausini?

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

My students found Anderson's Creek primary school's webpage really funny. Try the Old Macdonald song in Italian - hilarious. Perhaps not the streetcred you're after but worth a look: http://teachit.acreekps.vic.edu.au/italian/index.htm

4. buttongirl

buttongirl New commenter

Thanks everyone for the suggestions :)

5. hi buttongirl,

why not try "un estate italiana" by gianna nannini. its an old world cup song that the audience might enjoy.