1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Italian A level orals help!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Caity52, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Caity52

Caity52 New commenter

I will be conducting Edexcel A2 level Italian orals for the first time this year. Unfortunately as I am the only Italian teacher in a school which uses AQA for all other language A levels there is noone to assist me! I am struggling to come up with a bank of appropriate questions for the conversation following the presentation topic. I have read the advice on the website and even asked the expert but I feel, if anything, even more worried about getting the level right and supplying questions which my students can answer but which are complex enough to give them the opportunity to "show off". It would be fantastic if anyone had any questions they could share with me or point me to a website where there is some sample material. I am more than happy to share my own resources in exchange.

2. Caity52

Caity52 New commenter

I will be conducting Edexcel A2 level Italian orals for the first time this year. Unfortunately as I am the only Italian teacher in a school which uses AQA for all other language A levels there is noone to assist me! I am struggling to come up with a bank of appropriate questions for the conversation following the presentation topic. I have read the advice on the website and even asked the expert but I feel, if anything, even more worried about getting the level right and supplying questions which my students can answer but which are complex enough to give them the opportunity to "show off". It would be fantastic if anyone had any questions they could share with me or point me to a website where there is some sample material. I am more than happy to share my own resources in exchange.

3. funambule

funambule New commenter

ALL has an Italian committee; check out their site- maybe someone could offer advice.

4. I was in the same position recently and translated all of these from my French questions. I had them all checked by a native Italian speaker so I don't quite get some of the comments.However itshoudl give you something to get going with. Good luck.
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Italian-A-level-topic-questions-and-answers-6014328/review/1/
    PS This was on the old syllbus so I dont know if it is still valid.