1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It really does pay to be honest...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Miss Flump, May 15, 2011.

1. I found an iphone in a taxi last night and made contact with the owner earlier today through Facebook on his phone.
    His girlfriend has been to pick up the phone this evening and brought me a box of choccies and a bottle of wine as a thank you. I really wasn't expecting that at all!
    It's really cheered up what's possibly been the worst ten days I've had in absolutely years and I just wanted to share my happiness with you. That's all. [​IMG]

2. Twice I've recieved calls from my sons phone by people who have found it.
    I've been able to arrange getting it back to him and he's treated the finder.
    This is particularly good as I live in Oldham and he lives in Basingstoke.
    There are still good, honest people about.
    The second time he'd left his jacket on a bench in the park while playing football and gone home without it. He got his phone back plus wallett still containing cash and cards, house and work keys. That one ended with him and finder in pub for a few hours at sons expense. He got of lightly.

3. Blooming heck, your son got off very lightly indeed. What a lucky guy.
    Has he improved since then? [​IMG]

4. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Indeed it does pay to be honest - One of my kids let the car roll backwards on a hill start and it 'kissed' the one behind. However he stopped and got out and although the people in the car behind said there was no damage he insisted on given them his details.

About a month later he got a call to go to a job interview and after getting the job we spent some times scratching our heads about how he got it, as it turned out he had never applied for it! Eventually we decided that one of his mates must have put his name forward ...

After working at this place for about a month he asked the boss how he had got his details - the boss didn't believe he hadn't applied so dug out the interview papers. His 'application form' turned out to be his car insurance details and phone number. It was his bosses car (not being driven by the boss) that he had rolled into!!

5. I was the recipient of a twenty ound Marks and Spencer voucher after phoning the mother of some chap who'd dropped his phone on the Links. Very sweet of her.

6. The person who caused a lot of damage to my car yesterday and drove off wasn't very honest !

7. No, he's the doziest sod you could ever meet.
    Always has been always will be, but I love him anyway.

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

You didn't get the impression you were being checked out in case his phone loss story sounded a bit suspect to her? Just a thought ;-)

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

That's a great story, harshie! [​IMG]

10. Ha ha ha. Not at all! The message I left on his Facebook page and the conversation I had with said girlfriend on the phone would clearly show that there was nothing to be worried about.
    According to his Facebook, I'm eleven years older than him. Then again, maybe she'll think he's got a thing for cougars. LOL.

11. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

| used to have a charmed umbrella I could leave all over the place and yet it would still return to my hand at the end of the day. (and a wallet I lost when it fell out of my pocket when I was riding my bike and was handed in to the police) Shame it had worn off by the time I was in such a twiddle that I drove off before I'd put the pushchair in the boot... !

12. I am assuming the baby was in the car [​IMG]

13. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

All three of them were hassled into the car (leaving me hassled), and the pushchair was no more (to be undiscovered until I opened the boot the next day and blamed the hubby for its disappearance (of course!!). Shame. I liked that puschair.... [​IMG]