1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It looked like a great idea... before I had to print, laminate and cut it out..

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lillipad, Aug 31, 2011.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

What have you done this year that you know will be fab but has taken you hours to print, laminate and cut out? Mine? A chain of small elephants with numbers on and linking trunks and tails. I am starting to regret this!

2. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Nothing...nada...niente...
    I refuse to laminate anything.
    So far, no-one has died.

3. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Ooh get you. I love laminating. :)

4. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

I haven't even printed anything out yet, let alone thought about laminating and cutting... Guess my Year 6s will just have to lump it!

5. Anything I have to cut out and laminate now has straight edges. I don't care how lovely some resources look, I can't be bothered to cut out anything that can't be done on the trimmer!

6. deanow

deanow New commenter

Lots of fish and bubbles for phonics. Not helped when one of the fish got stuck in the laminator...Even that didn't beat the Christmas tree decorations from last year though. 48 felt robins complete with beaks, feet and red breasts.[​IMG]

7. deanow

deanow New commenter

What happened there??? Not helped when one fish got stuck in the laminator.
    Not as bad as cutting out 48 felt robins, complete with feet and beaks though...

8. deanow

deanow New commenter

Gremlins...grrrr

9. My book corner is a rainforest. So i decided my high frequeny words would look good on leaves. Found them handily ready-made on ****** and printed them out....only for my yellow ink to run out half way through. So, what did I think would be a good idea in my state of summer holiday bliss? I cut them out, coloured them in BY HAND, laminated them and cut them out again. And I wonder where the summer holidays went! [​IMG]

10. Oh, and for the record, I had a hundred of the little b@stards!

11. Birthday cakes with the French months on them as a birthday display. Sounds simple but most of the cakes had filigree (sp!) and all sorts of sticky out flowers and butterflies on stalks, carefully woven..... nearly killed me!

12. Sets of number flash cards 0 - 100 (6 of them, alll now put together with elastic bands.

13. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I remember getting my TA to do this two years ago. It took her a whole morning. Lol. My 4 sets have pretty much fallen apart now, so I may ask her to do me another set. Lol.