1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It is the first week of November....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by airy, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Fancy a house swap for winter?

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

on the allotment i did have raspberries up t o last week...2 or 3rd crop and strawberries in the raised beds, cabbages b now growing with some rain and the Brussels have shot up ..finally.
    In the garden in London the dahlia still gong and god flowers on geraniums and begonias/

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

We've got a sheltered garden and there is still lettuce growing although the gritters are out tonight. We had the occasional strawberry until a couple of weeks ago.

4. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

We've picked our third crop of raspberries and the clematis is going to flower again.

5. Clematis and roses still going strong. Peppers ripening in the greenhouse. Amaryllis flowering in the lounge instead of January. But winter pansies have not arrived yet grrrrr!

6. wiemaranerlover

wiemaranerlover New commenter

Roses were still flowering beautifully until nipped by the frost yesterday. Planted the spring bulbs last week, and the couple of bulbs I missed when digging up after flowering, were already poking their tips through.

I want properly cold weather, not the fine drizzly rain that we had for acouple of days last week!

7. Roses, clematis, nigella, nasturtiums, valerian, petunias all still in flower in my garden. I went for a walk yesterday and spotted brambles flowering. Mad.
    I love properly cold weather too but am happy to postpone it for a while! Saving a fortune in heating.

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Me too! Mr Belle hates the cold and is delighted not to have the heating on.
    On a different front it is now heading towards mid November.....well, it will be next weekend.....and this week is still predicted mild and my horses have no rugs on, are not being fed any hay and are not getting hard feed. I've never known this in mid November and they will not be getting rugs/hat/feed for at least another week.
    Crazy!

9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Two days ago I went out walking and was soon down to a teeshirt. Today I had two fleecies on. First proper frost was last night.