1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It hurts to blink!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Frances1985, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    This morning at work I noticed my left eye felt really uncomfortable/sore when blinking. When I got home, I looked in the mirror and noticed a red lump at the bottom corner of my eye. I think it could possibly be a stye? I used to suffer from bad eye infections (always in my left eye!) when I was younger so I'm guessing my left eye is more prone to that sort of things.
    I have no way of visiting a doctor to get antibiotics as I'm going away for half term on Saturday. Haven't had an eye infection or stye in a long time, however, so does anyone out there know of any good, tried and tested over the counter remedies I could use?

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Ask the pharmacist. They are trained in recommending the right over the counter remedy.

3. I had a dreadful time over Christmas with my eyes. Doc said solution of baby shampoo first, followed by chloramphenicol ointment . That was for possible blepharitis. I swear by salt water. (rinsed off afterwards). Poor you, it is miserable. He gave me steroid drops as well, you wouldn;t be able to get them oTC I don't think.