1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It didn't turn out too bad after all.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by daffodilval, Dec 26, 2010.

1. As amny of you will know, at the moment my mum is very ill in hospital, daughter was flying in from the Philippines and I wasnt looking forward to Christmas at all.
    Heres how it all went.
    Mum is still very ill in hospital and we are facing a nightmare battle each day (long story). Well daughter arrived safely on xmas eve, and has been a huge support to me, OH who can hardly boil an egg, took on the whole 4 course xmas dinner for 8 people, while my brother and I, visited mum on a rota basis throughout the day, taking mums grandkids to her for short spells.
    And we both managed to nip home to a superbly cooked dinner.
    We decorated her single room with christmassy stuff and fairy lights (she was thrilled).
    At the end of the day, mum sais it was the best xmas she has ever had,.. So all's well that ends well (or so they say)
    Thanking you all for your support x

2. So glad it turned out well for all of you.
    Maybe not now, but soon, OH might be persuaded to try to repeat this wonderful result on a smaller (but more frequent) scale. Bet he's pleased with himself just now.

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

well done and excellent news
    it also proves the point that we man can also do things you ladies often think we cant lol
    Well done that man!

4. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Glad it went OK for you, Val. xxx