1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

*** it, Chip in my le creuset dish

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by grandelf, Jun 21, 2012.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

*** it,

Just gone to make a pasta bake and found there is a chip on the inside corner of my dish!

Guessing its dead, and might crack/explode if I use it in the oven?

2. Oooh - inside? I wouldn't trust it either!

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

right on the divide line between inside and out. Guess I might have to go back to TK Maxx and buy a new one at some stage!
    [​IMG]

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Can't you take it back and complain? Isn't there some kind of lifetime guarantee?

5. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

Not on ceramic ones.
    I should imagine a TK thingy (can never remember the name of that place!) purchase is probably a ' seconds' quality, anyway. Le Creuset do not normally sell in discount stores.

6. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

That's heartbreaking Grandelf. Could you make it into something useful like an indoor herb garden?

7. Oh yes, buy some minnette basil seeds, lovely stuff, tiny and tasty, and would grow in that really well!
    If you don't have a garden centre that carry it, Hbase sell it in the Jamie range, it is wonderful stuff.