1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

It appears that CSs were right all along

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by les25paul, Aug 25, 2011.

1. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Following today's news that GCSE results rose for the 23rd year running with an increase in the higher grades I can only conclude that our CS colleagues have right all along.
    It is now clear that there is no requirement for qualified teachers any more since any "old Joe" can take classes and rise standards. With a considerable cost saving as a bonus. Think of all the extra savings that could be made by reducing the number of Teacher Training establisments and their associated running costs. There is no need to train so many any more. Furthermore just think of how much could be saved by replacing a Headteacher with a CS,
    Now that the Education mess has been sorted I propose that CSs turn their "now proven" talents to solving the rest of the UKs problems. Lets have unqualified people running our courts to deal with the rioters and in our hospitals to reduce the waiting lists. I cannot wait for unqualified people to become airline pilots since that will be reflected by lower ticket prices. CSs could resolve international problems too and I'm sure they would have found that Gaddafi fellow by now (might have spelt his name wrong but since ther will be no CSs on this forum I not expecting a barrage of helpful corrections). We could also have people who dont know what they are doing running our banks to solve the financial problems we have (or has that already been tried).
    I couldn't post this comment on the CS forum because we are not allowed to be there.[​IMG]

PS To any CSs please don't get too upset, this is a "Micky take" [​IMG]

2. [​IMG] Well there you go. But as they are about to get rid of modules/resits and to some extent coursework I think this will change as spoonfeeding will not be possible.
    With one course I could mention I used to be able to get a class of 30 to a C grade in one section in 50 miutes so some of the courses out there are not really that taxing.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

les25paul: I assume you sub-contracted a CS to write your post for you?

4. teachur

teachur New commenter

No, this won't change at all. Standards have not only dropped, they have nose dived - hence my decision to leave teaching as soon as possible!

They will just make all the exams easier like the rest of the courses. Soon all exams will be like the first few questions on Who Wants to be a Millionaire!

5. We need to vote in a labour government at the next election to get more CS to improve our standards. Who needs real teachers? They are merely elitist "facilitators of learning".
    As long as students can scribble a mark in the "name" section with something called a "pen", they should get an A*.Same applies for university education. Soon, everyone will be well educated, with 10A***s, 5A***s at A level, with a 1:1 degree, and able to make an X mark + fingerprint when asked to write their name on a job application form.
    Employers will be rushing for these top tier candidates. We have a bright future ahead of us.

6. Pennyforyourthoughts

Pennyforyourthoughts Occasional commenter

I am amazed to see in my local paper some getting up to 7 and 8 A* and some getting up to 14 GCSEs ..... is this normal and how and when did they sit them, would they have been taken and re taken over a 3 year period. Some schools now starting GCSE studies in Year 9. With some taking BTec which are equivalent to 2 GCSEs I suppose it would soon add up to 14 (only 7 subject though) its all confusing to those of us who thought 7 or 8 was great going. The results certainly seem to be getting better and better BUT are they really............... no wonder employers are not trusting the exam system.