1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IT & Governors

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by jfb57, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Some GB maybe completely confused with the role of IT in schools & how they can fund it. Terry Freedman a respected IT educationalist has put together 3 articles to support IT in schools. Certainly worth a read! http://bit.ly/gVLEme

2. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Who the hell is Terry Freedman? Respected by who? the kit he is suggesting is amazing I wish all my pupils had access to digital cameras and sound recorders.....oh they do they are called mobile phones and they carry them round with them everyday!
    God save us from respected educationalists!

3. So, jfb57 aka the very wonderful and knowledgeable Terry Freedman. Do you remember that song with the line, 'Alice, who the f* *k is Alice?' The link you provided, by the afore mentioned Great is EXACTLY why ict has gone t. its up in the last decade.

4. Strangely I have heard of Terry freedman. One of our PGCE students brought in 2 of his web-printed books last year. I cant say "ecm for ict" was riveting but he does point out the obviously for pgce'ers, which sometimes needs doing! Anyhoo, back to the point of the post, will check out the article..