1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

issues with the curriculum for excellence

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by aerumlily, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Hi
    I was wondering in terms of teaching and learning, what issues anyone has found with the curriculum for excellence especially in the early/primary years. I was teaching in England for a number of years before I moved here and the English curriculum by comparison is very structured and prescriptive. On one hand I found the CfE very liberating not being limited by what I taught, but at the same time, I also found it a bit unsettling not having guidance about ehat I was teaching.

2. Hi
    I was wondering in terms of teaching and learning, what issues anyone has found with the curriculum for excellence especially in the early/primary years. I was teaching in England for a number of years before I moved here and the English curriculum by comparison is very structured and prescriptive. On one hand I found the CfE very liberating not being limited by what I taught, but at the same time, I also found it a bit unsettling not having guidance about ehat I was teaching.