1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Issues with ... poo.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by drumminggirl, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Morning ladies! My little girl is 22 months old and has recently started to put her hands in her nappy. We have just distracted her but yesterday and today she has delved in after filling her nappy and has got poo all over her hands. Yesterday we woke up to find poo in her cot. If we ask if she has done a poo/ wee she always denies so we don't think she is ready for potty training. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

2. Morning ladies! My little girl is 22 months old and has recently started to put her hands in her nappy. We have just distracted her but yesterday and today she has delved in after filling her nappy and has got poo all over her hands. Yesterday we woke up to find poo in her cot. If we ask if she has done a poo/ wee she always denies so we don't think she is ready for potty training. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

3. Lovely!! Unfortunately we've not had that one but my 20 month old is starting to become interested in her body. When we take her nappy off she likes to put her hands down to her lady bits. At first I wondered if she had a urinary infection but she doesn't cry when doing a wee as if it was stinging. So, I'm not quite sure what to do - leave it as she is exploring? Or tell her it's not really appropriate (which she probably wouldn't understand). I hope you manage to sort the poo situation!

4. we had exactly the same things with our daughter who is now 5 and thankfully has grown out of it lol

twice we came to check on her an she had smeared it on the walls, on her face (maybe eaten it) all on her cot. For bed time we made sure she had a suite on which she could not get into (zipped or press studs) and in the day just kept tabs.
    Apparently it is becuase they are 'exploring' the texture lol The walls werre so tough to wash!

5. Teacherindisguise

Teacherindisguise New commenter

Hi all,
    Just wanted to say my 22 month little darling boy has just started doing the same thing (although i think some of it has to do with doing a poo at bedtime and then wanted to spend more time up in the shower :)) and any advice would be appreciated. We have tried keeping him up til he goes but he just holds it in until we put him to bed. The only thing I can think of is going back to baby grows but I can't find any that fit him. Hopefully it's just a stage -0 a very short stage at that.
    Best of luck
    x

6. Thank you all for your replies- I am glad to hear that I am not on my own with it!