1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Issues in uploading/editing resources.

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by iandoublem, Aug 23, 2018.

1. iandoublem

iandoublem New commenter

• File size limit? Not mentioned but ran across it
    • Pasting text - says no description
    • Description not displaying unless manually typed!
    • No consistency in terms of preview boxes-sometimes you can choose 4:3 or free, sometimes you can't, some users have a range of preview boxes, others-me-have just one preview box which I can change/select from. This

2. iandoublem

iandoublem New commenter

(EDIT: Even posting this has been a nightmare in terms of it not displaying and that you have a time limit in editing!)

Having run across a lot of issues in uploading resources, I thought I'd share some of the things I came across yesterday. Some of these I've noticed before, some are new and some are still not resolved for me. Thought I'd share so that others can share their issues/discuss problems/add to the list!
    • Is there a File size limit? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere but seemingly ran across it last night-'file size error'.
    • I can't paste text into the description box. The site says there's 'no description'. This is a real pain.
    • As a result of the above nothing displays in the description box unless I've manually typed it on the product page.
    • There is still no consistency in terms of preview boxes-sometimes you can choose 4:3 (which is absurd considering most people are uploading a4 documents) or free, sometimes you can't,
    • Some users have a range of preview boxes, others (often me) have just one preview box which I can't change/select from, or there are 2 more preview boxes which are automatically generated.
    Anyone else?!

3. Hi there. I found your post because I'm having a problem with one of my resources. My other 3 resource adverts have created a preview file without me doing anything, which is weird, and there still doesn't seem to be a way to add a preview file. Then, I upload my file for 'The Knocking' and there's no preview created at all, which means no-one can look at anything about the resource when they're browsing. That's really unhelpful. Did you ever get a solution to the preview problem? Thanks Maggie