1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

issues and uk education

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by arbabmahmood, Jun 9, 2005.

1. could i have a copy too please. thanks

2. Hi Cornwell,

I have an interview on the 7th and your document would really help me too. My email address is tianne_g@hotmail.com.

Thank you

Tiann

3. I dont get this at all 11 pages of people asking someone else to do the work for them? Best of luck but come on guys x

4. And 2 and half years old at that.

5. ^ exactly.. the "top issues" from 2005 will not be the top issues from now.

6. Hi, I would be very grateful if you could email me a copy on gdhallu@rac.co.uk

Thanks.

7. rkeelin1

rkeelin1 New commenter

Hi,

Dont know if your still doing this, but if you are id love a copy!
    my address is lilrachyk@hotmail.com

many many thanks! x

8. Please could i have a copy if it is still available. Thank you in advance Drew456@excite.com

9. hi. can i be really cheeky too and ask for a copy of issues too? want to know im on the right lines.

your help would be really appreciated. thanks in advance. my email address is sk355@hotmail.com. thanks.x

10. Please tell me this is a joke. Is anyone that posted on this thread actually receiving this magic document from 2005?

How should we expect schools to produce independent learners who can form their own opinions based on informed research when prospective teachers expect someone else to feed them 'answers'. This is totally symptomatic of the culture that lets you buy essays and dissertations online.

A quick look on the BBC education website right now will tell you that 2 and a half years is a long time in educational policy. What about personalised learning, the new KS3 curriculum, extended schools, the Rose Review and the Children's Plan to name just a few key topics in education since then, all of which are just a quick Google away.

11. Can see why you've got your SCITT place SevenAndSevenIs!!!

Just saw a post by yourself and thought I'd take a peep. What about this for a frightening thought, this time next year you will only have approximately four weeks formal training left, the remainder of the time will be in school ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

12. Yep, maybe the interview prep brainwashed me! And yes, that is a very scary thought. Please let me know how you get on.

In any case I might have been in grumpy old man mode last night but really this thread is utterly pointless.

13. I agree with you and think you made some valid points.

14. Apart from the fact that no-one seems to get this document and the ethical issues it raises about our prospective teachers, how do you know the original sender had it right in the first place? Oh the idiocy of the blog page! Why don't these people know anyway?They are on the TES site after all, its not that hard to find out, the government don't exactly keep it a secret.