1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Issues after compromise agreement - Help!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by FollyFairy, Nov 3, 2011.

  1. FollyFairy

    FollyFairy Occasional commenter

    True... unfortunately not all HT's, as you have discovered, do the right thing. Ask the agencies to request again. As it was a CA, do you not have a copy that you could give to the agencies? If you do not have a copy, you can request it under the Data Protection Act - do this direct to your ex-school. They have 40 days to respond, which doesn't help you immediately but may stop this happening again in the future.
  2. bigbev

    bigbev New commenter

    I have been through a horrific 6months which led to me resigining via a compromise agreement. I do have a copy of the agreed reff attached to my copy of all the paperwork I signed. I was also quite open with supply agencies re my position once it was agreed the interviews were confidential.
  3. Zadok1

    Zadok1 New commenter

    I'd give your own copy of the reference to the agencies... and then phone your union. Ask them to contact the head teacher and ask why they have failed to comply with the terms of the agreement. It might just be a little more powerful coming from them... of course it might not.. not all union reps are that good!
  4. As the union negotiated the agreement, they will vigilate it for you, too (unless you have left the union in the meantime). Ask the agencies for a copy of the reference (under the Freedom of Information Act, if necessary) If it is not the agreed reference, contact the union.
  5. Rott Weiler

    Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

    FoI applies only to public bodies so you can't use it ask a private company for anything. However, FoI is the wrong legislation, if it's information held about yourself it's the Data Protection Act you need ("Subject Access Request"). The DPA does apply to private companies so you can ask the agency for a copy of the reference but cite DPA not FoI.

Share This Page