1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Israel bars U.S. politicians

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cuddlesB4, Aug 15, 2019.

1. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

I think she explains herself very well here.

A very impressive woman.

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

For a liar and anti-semite sure.

artboyusa and xmal like this.
  3. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

You're anti-semitic as well though are you not?

4. silvaran

silvaran Occasional commenter

There is no Jewish State, although many in Israel think there should be. The declaration of independence states quite clearly what sort of state the founders of that 'holocaust generation' wanted, you should read it. 70 or more years of warfare have meant that those ideals have only partly been realized. Of course it takes two sides to make peace, The Palestinians only had one non negotiable position from 1948 until 1992 - A one state solution that could only come about through the destruction of Israel and the ethnic cleansing of 'The Zionists', quite a difference to Israel''s declaration of independence that forms the basis of Israel's constitutional law.
    But why shouldn't Israel be a 'Jewish State'. The Palestinian constitution states quite clearly that the official religion of a future state of Palestine will be Islam and its legal code based on Shari'a. Any Jews or Christians living in a Palestinian state would have to live with that.

5. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

Careful, you are talking about a two-state solution. That is being anti-semitic nowadays.

https://mondoweiss.net/2019/08/israel-supporters-solution/

6. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

I guess. If your standard for impressive" is low enough.

7. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

These women, particularly Ilhan Omar are historic figures. They are fearless and speak strength to power in a way few politicians do. It is refreshing to see.

Long may they keep doing what they are doing.

MAGAorMIGA and letap like this.
  8. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

When do you think they're going to start speaking truth to power about stuff like this?
    The Palestinian Authority just banned all LGBT activities in the West Bank
    https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/08/19/palestinian-authority-banned-all-lgbt-activities-west-bank/

9. letap

letap Occasional commenter

I guess with Trump around the bar has been set very low in terms of oratory, morality and intelligence in American politics.

10. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

First things first. They probably think preventing the murder of Palestinian children by Israeli forces is more important.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...ot-children-and-journalists-in-gaza-1.6979358

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  11. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

You know, that's almost the same phony deflection Omar gave yesterday.
    Pretending that this act somehow balances or mitigates Israel violating the dignity & rights of Palestinians - or undermines case for defending Palestinian rights - is deplorable!
    https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1163598823274549252
    All she had to say was "I do not support the Palestinian Authority's mistreatment of LGBT people". But naaah...she can't bring herself to say that. Wonder why?

12. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Oh, thank god someone finally managed to introduce Trump into the discussion. We don't hear enough about him on this site.

LondonCanary likes this.
  13. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

14. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

Speaking of Trump. This man hits the nail on the head. "Racists are going to racist".

How true.

15. letap

letap Occasional commenter

Oooh hit a nerve with the Trump fanboy, shame that your ideology doesn't allow you to see both Trump and Omar as flawed characters. Maybe you should try the Breitbart comments section if valid opinions so easily trigger you.

MAGAorMIGA likes this.
  16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Yeah artboy... go back where you belong... no wait argh... you're a snowflake... argh no wait... erm so easily triggered... omg I am list in my own web of "progressive" wibble!

artboyusa likes this.
  17. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

18. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Uh, that's pretty...incoherent. Maybe I'm just bored with people's non-stop ventilation of their TDS. That okay with you?

19. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

burajda likes this.
  20. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter