1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Israel bars U.S. politicians

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cuddlesB4, Aug 15, 2019.

1. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

2. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Then Israel should give the Occupied Territories back to Jordan and stop housing hundreds of thousands of its citizens on the territory they are occupying (an act which is illegal under international law). I'm afraid it's been too long now. The status of the Palestinians needs to be regularised, and allowing them to become Israeli citizens with the same rights as Israeli Arabs strikes me as the best solution.

lapinrose and LondonCanary like this.
  3. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

It was ESCWA rather than the UN.
    Would you like to see Israel dismantled as a state?

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

ESCWA comprises 18 Arab states in Western Asia and aims to support economic and social development in member states, according to its website. The report was prepared at the request of member states, Khalaf said.

So nothing to see here.

Member states: Hey guy, can you write us a report saying Israel is an apartheid state?
    ESCWA: Sure thing bruh.

silvaran, artboyusa and burajda like this.
  5. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The Occupied Territories were never Jordans in the first place. Their occupation of the West Bank from 1949 to 1967 was definitely illegal under international law. Perhaps the one state solution is the only viable alternative.

silvaran and lanokia like this.
  6. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Israeli citizens choose to live in the West Bank. That type of voluntary movement of people is not illegal under international law.

7. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The UN has disassociated itself from the report and deleted it from their website.

lanokia likes this.
  8. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

So yesterday Rashida Tlaib asked Israel for special permission to come visit her beloved grandmother... https://www.timesofisrael.com/after-ban-tlaib-asks-to-enter-israel-to-visit-her-elderly-grandmother/
    [​IMG]
    Today the Israelis said "Okay. You can come and visit your beloved grandmother".
    In climbdown, Israel says Tlaib can enter to visit her Palestinian family
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-re...aib-to-enter-to-visit-her-palestinian-family/

And the response is...
    Rashida Tlaib rejects Israel's offer for 'humanitarian' visit to West Bank

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...entry-to-rashida-tlaib-for-humanitarian-visit
    Here's what she told her 721,000 Twitter followers:

[​IMG]
    Rashida Tlaib
    @RashidaTlaib

Silencing me & treating me like a criminal is not what she wants for me. It would kill a piece of me. I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in--fighting against racism, oppression & injustice.

Gee, it's almost like she's some kind of grandstanding, lying garbage person using her beloved granny to get in a cheap shot at Israel.

9. xmal

xmal Occasional commenter

The UN has zero credibility.

10. burajda

burajda Star commenter

I guess she wont be criticising the appalling record of human rights violations, curtailment of free speech, the embargo against Gaza. To criticise those oppressive policies of Abbas's Palestinian Authority or the president himself will get you locked up.

artboyusa likes this.
  11. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

lapinrose likes this.
  12. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

Many Jews are actually from Europe. It was Europeans that committed the crime against them, i.e. The Holocaust, not Arabs, so why not partition a part of Germany and let the Jews live there?

I could get behind that idea. This is more than fair considering what the Germans did. I don't see why Palestinians, who were living relatively peacefully with Jews for thousands of years, should have their land stolen and be oppressed in the way they are, by people who are essentially European. They are not even semites yet are quick to claim anti-semitism.

Some will say it has something to do with the fiction they call the Bible and the "land of Israel" being promised to them by "God". Anyone with any sense however will know that that is a load of bullsheet so why not have the State of Israel in Germany instead?

lapinrose likes this.
  13. burajda

burajda Star commenter

L A
    Not really, half of Jews resident in Israel originate from the middle east and north africa. They were expelled or left Arab states due to oppression. Israel is in the right location.

lanokia and artboyusa like this.
  14. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

"Can I at least come in and see my frail old granny?"
    "Sure. Just don't hate on the Jews for a couple of days,okay?"
    "No way".

LondonCanary, burajda and lanokia like this.
  15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Seems she did agree...
    [​IMG]

But she's got to keep up her public image ...

16. George_Randle

George_Randle Occasional commenter

17. LondonCanary

Jeremy Corbyn would condemn your remarks an "offensive and unacceptable", as he did with Naz Shah.

18. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

I know (see Post #28). I'm shocked that she'd make promises she didn't intend to keep. Shocked, I tell you.

19. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

I doubt it. The Jews themselves considered several different proposals for a Jewish state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_a_Jewish_state

Germany makes perfect sense.

20. LondonCanary

You exactly paraphrase Naz Shah who endorsed dismantling and moving the Jewish state. She was suspended from the party and censured by Corbyn.
    (Actually you are worse than her, since you proposed it rather than just endorsing it. You tick several anti Semitic boxes)