1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Isolation room

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by user_1, Jul 2, 2012.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Whoops - wrong thread! [​IMG]
    Wrong froum, even![​IMG]

3. You are missing the point. The parents didn't get an explanation for 3 days! They were actually sent away from the school when they went to enquire. That's why they got suspicious. If the school just explained what happened in the first place and apologized that would have been ok. We all make mistakes! I always admit them and I can forgive when someone else does it. Some of us can admit them (thanks for your 'confessions'), and unfortunately a few would cover them.

And - before you throw accusations - I have all respect for teachers. Simply because I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO THEIR JOB THE WAY I WOULD THINK SHOULD BE DONE. I respect that they help create knowledge in children and, more importantly, stir their interest. I wanted to become one, I trained, then I changed careers because I realized it wasn't the best choice for me and I found the career that suits me best. I still have lots of teacher friends.

I went to state school so I know how it is there. But that is not what this topic is about. When making decisions, I just put my children's interest first, that's all.

Nice photo, by the way!

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I thought it was intended to make us all chill out!

5. Sara: Not that it makes a difference, but it wasn't an early years classroom where the child was left, it was a different room.

1. They said something in line with 'it is the child's fault because he didn't follow the others'. They could have said 'we didn't notice that the child didn't follow and we are sorry for that' which would have been a much better answer. There is nothing wrong with making a mistake, but not admitting it (especially if it is a minor one) doesn't help.

2.Failing to inform the parents is not correct. It wasn't just a mistake that nobody noticed, but another parent found the child crying and unsupervised. The parents made several attempts to get an explanation but they were turned away.

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

That doesn't make it an 'isolation room'!
    If the child went and hid while the others were leaving, then it is his fault! Some children will wait until after the head count and then hide. I've seen it happen.
    You should retract your thread title. By making such a ludicrous claim, you antagonized every professional on this forum.

7. What I don't understand is:
    It was a 'colleague' of your son locked in the room?
    If they were just 'left behind' how did they become locked in?
    How did the parent manage to get in the hall - all our doors and gates are locked to stop intruders?
    I would move your child immediately to a state school where they will be much safer!

Ps loving the photo Inky - are you dreaming about 2 weeks time?

8. I am dreaming about two weeks time!!
    OP, perhaps they had to investigate the matter properly and that took time, the people involved were not in, none of us know, we weren't there. Bored now, bye.