1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Isn't Winter great?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by les25paul, Jan 31, 2019.

1. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

2. maggie m

maggie m Lead commenter

Beautiful photos , thanks for sharing.

3. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Stunning photos, thank you!

4. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Pretty. And deadly.

5. helenemdee

helenemdee Occasional commenter

Lovely, especially the sunrises, sunsets and the little robin :)

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  6. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

For once it is completely benign here. There is snow on the hills from a few days ago, but the south of Wales and west country have copped for this one. We have just had subzeros over the last two nights, and probably same tonight and tomorrow. Roll on spring though my dafs are close to opening.

7. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

I love winter as long as it's cold and frosty (inc. snowy). I hate the wet.

My mum used to say (and I say it also!) that we need a long cold snap to 'kill all the germs'. I don't have any professional qualifications to agree with this but I agree.

We didn't have central heating when I grew up in Yorkshire. We had a coal fire in one room and a paraffin heater that mum had in the kitchen. She moved the heater up to the bathroom when we had a bath.

Our bedroom windows were covered in frost every night but we had hot water bottles in our beds so we were cosy.

sodalime likes this.
  8. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Fortunately the snow has kept off until today when I don't have to leave the house.
    I don't care how pretty it is. Winter imo is horrible.

sodalime and Aquamarina1234 like this.
  9. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Agreed. The worst season of all.

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Lovely photos.

On a side note, I always thought if I had a daughter Winter [or Wynter] would be a nice name.

Don't worry... I haven't had a daughter so I won't be inflicting my oddness on her.

11. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

I was at the airport checking in a few years ago when I heard a rather plummy tone imploring 'Winter' to come back this minute! He was a blond, curly haired little boy of about 4.

lanokia and sodalime like this.