1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Isn't it wierd....

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Moony, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I was lucky enough to have long term supply all year. Back to the summer ponderings though, will i get any long term, will i get enough day to day. At least I can get the odd midweek lie in or three now :)

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Hi sm1971, & misssixty,Cals, j80,moony & all other lurkers & posters on this forum.
    Some schools in my area don't finish till Wed. but am not expecting a phone call & it is odd realising you can actually make plans for what to do. I had a lie in this morning till 8am when husband left for work.
    So not used to being in the house, here I am having breakfast & reading this forum. How sad does that make me? It's the companionship at work (when you get it) that really helps motivate me. Now I just don't know where to start on th 1 001 job which have been left whilst I did a long-term stint of supply this past half-term (sorry if that makes anyone jealous).
    Hey ho, thinking of you all as we aim to fill our days using up as little of our monetary resources as possible.(I hate housework even though it's free!)

3. Well here i am sitting having breakfast and reading forum posts instead of getting on with all those jobs that need doing around the house and in the garden. The trouble with having lots of time to get on with things is that i am constantly putting them off telling myself i have plenty of time!!!! Before i know it summer will be over and i'll be wasting time sitting around waiting for that phone call. Ho hum must go and at least hang the washing on the line.