1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Isn't it nice

Discussion in 'Personal' started by giraffe, Apr 8, 2012.

1. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

not to be chucked off TES every fifteen minutes?
    So much more civillised.

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

not to be chucked off TES every fifteen minutes?
    So much more civillised.

3. Not really. TES is not the same place it used to be. I reckon there have been about 100 posts on personal today compared with a few years ago when there were 100 posts ever couple of hours. Nobody seems up for banter anymore. TES is a graveyard.

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Yes, it did used to be better. I feel guilty sometimes when I see five posts or so on a page all with my name as latest poster.
    How anyone can lurk without chipping in, I just don't know!

5. Be loud and proud...that's what i say. :¬)) xxx

6. Roboteer

Roboteer New commenter

It's nice to be able to get on the site at all - it wouldn't open earlier on today!
    Internet forums seem to be much quieter in general now. I'm not sure if people chat less on them because of the advent of FB/Google+ etc or if it is down to there being more sites available to chat on in general.

7. Could be ,Robo. TES, for a few years, seemed to be the place to come and have the craic. Alas no longer.

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

it was more fun before the *** spammers arrived...and when we were allowed the naughty posts lol......now i look but often dont fid to much to want me to post!

9. Entertainment is full of people who used to post on Personal playing daft wee games. And then there's Cookery. Splitting up the forums is fine for subjects but I liked it better when Personal was a mish-mash of all sorts of stuff.

10. [​IMG]

These days it's a bit like Infet ...

11. oldsomeman

agree i used to like it being able to swop to games while i waited for a post........and so many did leave when they reorganised the site.

12. Youc ould just pop over to Entertainment. They always seem keen for more people.

13. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Blooming heck, Entertainment is pop-u-lar! I've just had a 5 second peek and most of the threads have thousands of posts [​IMG]

14. Yep.... half of them are probably mine!!!!!! [​IMG]

15. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Now don't exaggerate, Annie.

Only 48% of them are yours. [​IMG]

16. oldsomeman

they used to be mine but i cant be bother keep swopping forums.im getting old!