1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Isn`t this unfair?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by lisa66me, Feb 18, 2011.

1. I am an NQT, currently on supply and actually getting plenty of day to day work. Schools request me back but will not take me on long term as they have to offer induction. My grievance is that twice now I have been passed over for an OTT who doesn`t hold QTS and therefore is not required to complete an induction year. One was very young so may or may not be newly qualified - I am not sure. I am working very hard in my supply schools but feel I have been fighting a losing battle since I qualified ! Isn`t the current system unfair on those who qualify in the UK? Shouldn`t all teachers have to hold QTS before they are allowed to teach in a state maintained school here? Sorry rant over. Why though?

2. I am an NQT, currently on supply and actually getting plenty of day to day work. Schools request me back but will not take me on long term as they have to offer induction. My grievance is that twice now I have been passed over for an OTT who doesn`t hold QTS and therefore is not required to complete an induction year. One was very young so may or may not be newly qualified - I am not sure. I am working very hard in my supply schools but feel I have been fighting a losing battle since I qualified ! Isn`t the current system unfair on those who qualify in the UK? Shouldn`t all teachers have to hold QTS before they are allowed to teach in a state maintained school here? Sorry rant over. Why though?