1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Isle of Wight, anyone?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Mar 31, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6071862

I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me is on Saturday 2 April.
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well spotted Theo.
    Really brings to the attention of others (hopefully) what many of us posters here already know is the reality of the system- too many experienced staff being overlooked or forced out of the profession just because of cost.
    The government is actually helping this, with their promotion of Academies & authorities undergoing re-organisations have a perfect opportunity to replace existing 'cost-heavy' staff with younger, cheaper alternatives, as the article highlights.
    The problem with this is, that any school needs a balance of experienced & younger staff members. I've noticed myself many Heads these days are in their 30s or early 40s & are reluctant to employ more experienced staff fearing they're 'reluctant to change' or won't embrace new teaching ideas.What we have to convince them is that some of us 'oldies' actually enjoy & embrace many of the changes (one point I've had pointed out to me in 'informal feedback' is how I keep myself up-to-date' & am willing to experiment.) Yet none of this seems to come across in my applications to gain me an interview!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Bumping this up for the attention of all you 'mature, expensive' teachers!