1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this what we've come to?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Swiftie, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Not "you're not a proper teacher" any more, but now "you're not even a teacher"!! Too many CSs doing supply work?

And this having just taught the class how to rearrange complex algebraic equations on 10 mins notice!

Although, I did find out after he'd been removed that this particular student is an irritant to his regular teacher (the deputy head), and I suspect from his swagger & general attitude that he has a bit of a problem with female teachers.

2. 'Is this what we've come to?' Yes, Britain (England and Wales) has become a social dustbin of its own making, IMO.

3. That is why as a fully qualified secondary maths/science KS3+4 supply teacher we have to gobsmack all those pupils in any class. any time and any place?! ..
    ..And most of us usually do that BUT THE SYSTEM IS SO THOROUGHLY CORRUPTED through the employment of unqualified staff as teachers namely CSs with poor classroom management skills and abilities, empty minds, next to no content knowledgeetc etc etc etc that ANY COVER PERSON WILL NOW HAVE AN UPHILL STRUGGLE?? I personall don't but....

4. That is why as fully qualified secondary maths/science KS3+4 supply teachers we have to gobsmack all those pupils in any class, any time and any place?! ..
    ..And
    most of us usually do that BUT THE SYSTEM IS SO THOROUGHLY CORRUPTED
    through the employment of unqualified staff as "teachers" namely CSs
    with poor classroom management skills and abilities, empty minds, next
    to no content knowledgeetc etc etc etc that ANY COVER PERSON WILL NOW
    HAVE AN UPHILL STRUGGLE?? I personall don't but.... algebra and most
    maths topics are actually a wonderful challenge...note we also get,
    "Sir/mIss, will you be OUR NORMAL TEACHER?"

5. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Now that Academies and Free Schools don't insist on QTS and that they are gradually replacing state maintained schools a PGCE is becoming a much less valuable qualification.
    How many people in future will be prepared to spend the £9000 course fees and a year of their lifes in order to get one?
    I cannot see many getting stampeded in the rush.

6. Now that the employment of unqualified staff by schools as "teachers" is so rife, who actually gives a ****?
    In its place: complete exploitative employment practice, nepotism, all manner of stupid and ridiculous job titles for UNQUALIFIED staff masquerading as "teachers", agencies bullying fully qualified teachers to accept CS rates or else etc etc etc
    A once noble and respected profession now completely destroyed by outsiders, insiders, ***, weak-minded HTs. TDA[​IMG] Total hypocrites!

[​IMG]