1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this what Teaching will always be like?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by traceurhazz14, Jan 16, 2020.

1. peakster

peakster Star commenter

There are still many good schools around - my home City has many of them

2. speaker2

speaker2 New commenter

What a blast from the past - Recall the time pre-Internet when someone would PHOTOCOPY a few copies the Times crossword for the staffroom and a few staff would complete it each week. We also were still HANDWRITING the annual school reports....

agathamorse likes this.
  3. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

Yes it is I'm afraid.

4. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

Lots of fantastic advice from many commentators.

We have been inspected under the new framework. It was fairly painless. Books were looked at but not scutinised to the nth degree because the inspection took place early in the academic year. The inspectors were more interested in how the curriculum was designed to develop children's knowledge across the key stages. They were also very interested in staff well being and how our SLT encouraged staff members to have a good work/life balance. I am fortunate to teach in a school where we are treated like professionals.

5. jimmyjam007

jimmyjam007 New commenter

Leave. That's bad management right there, people who dont trust their staff to do their jobs and insist on micro managing. My old school was getting this way. I left when they started telling me how to teach by giving me schemes to teach off. No thanks.
    I'm now in a school where I feel valued, I'm trusted and I have some autonomy. Theres better schools out there.

6. fluffyowl

fluffyowl New commenter

I second that. I worked in two terrible schools and thought my teaching career was over. Moved to my current school 6 years ago and feel like a different person! Valued, we have a laugh in the staffroom... it's like the weight has bee lifted off my shoulders. Keep moving until you find what you need. And until then...chin up. I'ts just a job. It's not ok for them to make you feel this way.