1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this true...? A bit random!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by akimbo, Jan 19, 2011.

1. akimbo

akimbo New commenter

This year we will experience 4 unusual dates... 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11. NOW figure this out... Take the last 2 digits of the year you were born, plus the age you will be this year, and it WILL EQUAL to... 111.

2. akimbo

akimbo New commenter

This year we will experience 4 unusual dates... 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11. NOW figure this out... Take the last 2 digits of the year you were born, plus the age you will be this year, and it WILL EQUAL to... 111.

3. Yes! That is true for me.

4. 111 worked

5. zannar

zannar New commenter

It worked for me and my other half. Just checked the children, yes as well.
    It reminds me of that trick whe you take a number, half it etc. can't remember the rest![​IMG]

6. Worked for me, and OH. The children came out as 11.

7. Sorry to be a party pooper, but when you think about this, it's totally logical.
    If I'm 31 in 2011, then I was born in 1980. So, 80, the end of my birth year, plus 31 - the age I am now is always going to be 11, because the difference between the year your were born in, and the current year is always going to be your age!
    You see?

I explained this really poorly, but it's there.