1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this the most boring forum on the TES website?

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by the hippo, Jun 4, 2011.

1. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Hardly anyone posts anything on this forum. Zzzzzzzzzzz...

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

People seem to use this for the subject of retiring and I suppose that is useful for them. It is boring though, I agree.

3. If you aren't retired yet, it stands to reason it will be boring for you.

4. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I am very much in favour of this forum, and I am not retired yet. I need to know that when I retire I will have been able to get as much information as possible. It also allows us to update as tp what TPS and the government are up to.

5. Hear hear jacob I am finding it very useful

6. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I am retired. I probably shouldn't have said it's boring really because if posters want to use it for questions about retiring then that is a good purpose, just not what I thought it would be. I'll continue to burble on Personal.

7. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Why don't you liven it up then? Knitting advice anyone?
    You are as old as you feel, or in my case, as old as the woman I "feel", being blessed with a younger partner.
    Some of us are looking forward to a time when we don't have to clock watch (except for the Countdown start time, snigger!), can do what the hell we want, can "wear purple", spend time in the shed, take the dog for really long walks, and so on. This bloody government wants us all to die the day after we retire, so vow to live forever and claim back, not only every penny you and your employer paid into TPS, but about twice as much again, at least!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

True.

9. snowstorm

snowstorm New commenter

I find it useful.

10. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

We are all too busy enjoying ourselves, that's why it's quiet! Excuse me, must carry on with packing; off to France for a fortnight...

11. Me too-retiring in July-this forum has really helped me when I've felt unsure about what comes next. Not the most exciting forum-but it serves a purpose. Thanks

12. I agree. It's useful to come and check nfo out or to help out others who have questions I had a while ago but have found answers too.

13. I use this forum is to get useful information about the retirement process. By it's very nature retirement affects a minority of teachers and can be quite stressful. It's nice to have a forum where one can share experiences.
    Teachers who are approaching retirement may be quiet but, in my experience, are anything but boring.
    I retire on the 21st of this month. Bring it on!

14. This weekend is my last as a permanent teacher. Tomorrow will be my last Monday as a permanent teacher.

15. Just realised that Tuesday will be my last Tuesday as a permanent teacher.

16. I will retire on Thursday.

Can't wait!

17. Just finished my last tutor time ever on a Monday as a permanent teacher.

18. No more period 1 on a Monday as a permanent teacher. All week showing in multiplex H2 (my room) is School of Rock.

19. Done my last Monday break duty as a permanent teacher. Period 3 School of Rock going down well, this will be my last period 3 on a Monday as a permanent teacher. Yippee.

20. That's it period 4 on a Monday no more as a permanent teacher. Last Monday dinner time as a permanent teacher coming up.