1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this the beginning of the end of Johnson?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Sally006, Sep 24, 2019.

1. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

[​IMG]

afterdark and blue451 like this.
  2. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Potayto potarto, he's still an immoral self serving elitist tw*t, which is surely the bigger point to be made in all of this.

3. gruoch

gruoch Established commenter

The Supreme Court was very careful NOT to rule on intent. There was also no implication that the queen was lied to - not by Johnson, incidentally (clever move) but by The Hon Member for the 18th Century.

border_walker and TCSC47 like this.
  4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Well yes. However while we're being subjected to argument along the lines of "Miss he was talking too! What about him Miss?" we aren't going to have a reasonable discussion about whether Johnson's political career is over.

5. blue451

blue451 Lead commenter

Ok, I'll join in.

Johnson's political career would be over in any country, democracy or not, in which honesty, integrity and having the best interests of the country at heart were required characteristics of politicians. But they're not. All that's required of Johnson is that he batters through brexit before those tax laws kick in.

People who support Johnson won't stop supporting him because of this. They don't care about his morals.

6. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Just as well - he hasn't got any.

7. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Established commenter

I wonder if Jeremy Hunt would have handled things better.

8. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

What is that to do with my post?

9. LondonCanary

What tax laws are you referring to that Parliament is about to create?

10. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

[​IMG]

TCSC47 and cissy3 like this.
  11. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I think you'll find that the Supreme Court and their Justices (all eleven of them) out-trump the Attorney General by several degrees.

afterdark, TCSC47 and BigFrankEM like this.
  12. LondonCanary

Erm. That's the whole point of why I said it should be the end of Cox's stint as AG.

13. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

He sent Rees Mogg to see the Queen and request prorogation. Boris should double-check with Rees Mogg about what exactly was said.
    He should also ask himself why he thinks that it is Brexit that is being thwarted by Parliament reconvening and not his Queen's Speech that he apparently thought he needed 5 weeks to create.

TCSC47 likes this.
  14. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

The judges in the High Court who felt he had not acted illegally didn't have all the pertinent facts. They didn't have the memo from his legal adviser which gave the date when Johnson decided to suspend parliament. This was the killer info that both the Scottish Court and the Supreme Court had, that showed them that Bojob had acted illegally. Nothing to do with the High court having a different interpretation of the law. Simply put, they didn't have a complete picture of what Bojob and Cummings had been up to so they cou;dn't come to the correct conclusion.

Come on JB. Admit it. Boris has been found guilty by eleven judges who are the most knowledgeable and experienced judges in the country and far far cleverer than either you or me. If you believe the sun rises in the morning because the world is round and spins on its axis then you have to believe that Boris is guilty!

15. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Apologies - I misread your post

LondonCanary likes this.
  16. LondonCanary

Unlawfully.

nizebaby likes this.
  17. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Ah, I thought he must be on something.

caress likes this.
  18. schoolsout4summer

Let's try to avoid mentioning Cox when discussing Boris's latest escapades.
    [​IMG]

19. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

20. schoolsout4summer

monicabilongame likes this.