1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this the beginning of the end of Johnson?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Sally006, Sep 24, 2019.

1. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Well, I think he's put paid to any chance of a knighthood in the future. As has Cameron. :D:D

Sally006 likes this.
  2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Do you think all other politicians are pure?
    All Corbyn wanted was an election because he believed in gaining power. He was just as selfish, if indeed Boris was as it is an accusation rather than proof, and all politicians tend no to tell the truth from my experience of those I have met or listen to on the media, even when asked a direct question.

border_walker likes this.
  3. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

4. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

It's a terrible thing when the leaders of the two main parties are unwilling to face the media.

TCSC47 likes this.
  5. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

People often say that Boris is clever but I can't say I've seen much evidence. Arrogant and over-confident in his own brilliance, yes. Clever, not so much.

Laphroig, TCSC47, Alice K and 2 others like this.
  6. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

How many more times!!
    It was not illegal. It was unlawful.
    (He didn't break any law)

7. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I'm not talking about other politicians. I'm talking about Johnson who is a serial liar without moral integrity and absolutely unfit for office. I make no apology for having the view that I have no respect for anyone who defends him as a man or as a politician.

8. oldsomeman

Is it proved he lied to the queen or just accused of it.Major in power used the same procedure and yet here he dared to call the pot black when one listened to him in the high courts

9. Sally006

Sally006 Lead commenter

Even your language sounds hauntingly familiar: “traitors”, it’s all fine if it bringing about “order”. You are making my point for me very well indeed.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  10. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Corbyn was on Marr on Sunday

TCSC47 and sodalime like this.
  11. ilovesooty

So are you actually defending him and his behaviour or just trying to argue through the use of whataboutery?

12. oldsomeman

How would you feel if in school your friends decided to chose to go the opposite way to you.especiallyif you all worked together and got on with each other. I'm sure your opinion would be as strong and condemnatory I would be miffed as I have been in such a situation.
    The word traitor is strong, but then the action of his so-called party members was to outwit and destroy the obligation(my words) to bring about us leaving the EU. The purposely set out to bring about a change and destroy what the Tory party as a whole had agreed to carry out.

13. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

If Corbyn ever gets power, it will be because he was democratically elected by the Labour party membership to become their leader and then democratically elected by enough British voters who wish for a return to compassionate government policies.

If, he ever does become PM, he will only remain in power if his government's policies address the blatent unfairness of the poor continually getting poorer whilst the rich get richer.

14. oldsomeman

If it's Major your talking about I would condemn him for accusing another of doing what he did on purpose. The case is the intent, not the action, but we seem to be against the action because Boris so-called lie, especially when he and the queen are the only ones there. She must have believed him and her majesty is not an idiot to just believe and accept any old waffle.

15. oldsomeman

And you still believe he wildo that? Time will tell, but personaly I hope he never does .

16. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I agree. It a word appropriate to use for some who deviously used and embarrassed the Queen to abuse the sovereignty of parliament.

Laphroig, grumpydogwoman and TCSC47 like this.
  17. ilovesooty

I think Parliament has an obligation to look after the best interests of the population not to ensure that we leave the EU.

So you're defending Johnson then? A yes or no without bringing in other politicians will do.

Laphroig and TCSC47 like this.
  18. Sally006

Sally006 Lead commenter

Are you saying that as long as Johnson takes us out of the EU at all costs then how he goes about achieving such an end (lawful or not) is ok by you? And yet you see no parallels to Germany in 1933 at all? You see Hitler was elected by the people initially. He was the product of the democratic process. Then folks started to have doubts about his methods of bringing about a renewed prosperous country. But as those people and politicians started to doubt, they were silenced. Firstly, by manipulation of the political process, then by the dismantling of it and finally through state murder. God forbid, I’m NOT, saying Johnson and his cronies would go that far but those first steps were taken. Let us hope and pray Parliament puts a stop to this. Failure to do so - well, that’s just unthinkable.

Laphroig and TCSC47 like this.
  19. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Unlawful is an act which, although not positively forbidden in law, is disapproved of by the law, and is therefore not recognised.

Illegal however is a sick bird of prey.

20. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

He can disagree but he'd be wrong. The high court may have thought that at the time but they won't now (after referring to the TMO).

TCSC47 likes this.