1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this pain normal? Am getting a bit worried...bit embarassing too

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by cath1980, May 10, 2012.

1. Hi, I am 33+4 with my second baby and am experiencing shooting pains/pressure in the back passage area. If I am standing up when it happens I am having to stand completely still and grip something until it passes. Has anyone else experienced this and is it anything to worry about? The only thing I can compare it to is the afterpains I had after having my first baby!!
    Thanks

C xx

2. Hi, I am 33+4 with my second baby and am experiencing shooting pains/pressure in the back passage area. If I am standing up when it happens I am having to stand completely still and grip something until it passes. Has anyone else experienced this and is it anything to worry about? The only thing I can compare it to is the afterpains I had after having my first baby!!
    Thanks

C xx

3. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

I'd aska mw just to set your mind at rest. Have heard you now get a number you can call them on anytime? Or maybe that's justin some areas? If not have you got 111, you know the non emergency number in your area?

4. secretsiren

secretsiren Star commenter

Yes, I had this (and actually do still get it when I have my period) in all 3 of my pregnancies. It's usually to do with wind and/or constipation. It's usually relieved by going to the loo! Still, best to go to your GP/midwife to make sure it's nothing else.