1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this interview lesson any good for Year 3?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Jun 30, 2011.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Occasional commenter

Hi,
    I have to teach a 30 min esson to a mixed ability year group - about 25 pupils I have to have a poem- but can be any part of the curriculum. I have a nice poem - called Camping pie.
    This is what I have though of so far
    1- Lesson objective and starter - looking at onomatopeia. On board have to match sounds with sentence etc
    2 -Read poem to the class - with sound effects (Me)
    3- Explain what I want them to do - get them into 6 groups - 6 verses - and they have to have a narrator, make their own sounds and actions for their verse
    4- Perform it together
    5 - plenary- -evaluate - did you enjoy, understand - 5 fingers fuly understanding - 1 ony a little bit etc
    Quite hard to get lots into a 30 min lesson
    What do you think? Any feedback woud be greaty appreciated

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

General advice is not to give (or ask for) advice as this is an open general forum, where others may see your ideas.
    Just ensure you have a clear objective which is achievable within the time frame.Possibly look at tightening up your own LO.
    Otherwise it seems to me you have good iseas of your own, so relax, stop panicking and believe in yourself and you abilities.
    Best of luck for it and looking forward to the 'Dear Theo I got the job' thread.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Looks perfect to me. I did something similar with performance poetry and year 5/6 once. Went down a storm.

Sounds a great lesson, best of luck.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

'Looking at onomatopoeia' isn't a learning objective.