1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this for real?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cuteinpuce, Jan 17, 2016.

1. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

When I first saw this, I assumed it was some sort of joke.

[​IMG]

It was quite a funny p-take aimed at common attitudes to the women's game. A bit like the wonderful video put out by the Norwegian national squad just before the World Cup last year.

But twitter went into a bit of a melt-down about it. I particularly liked:
    Hey @theladyball_com is there a special red #Ladyball that's available once a month?

Now it turns out that the video was a p-take. It was designed to launch Lidl's support of the Gaelic Ladies Football Association by getting people talking about common attitudes to women's sport.

So my initial feeling was right. Yet I feel really irritated by the pretend launch of the Ladyball. And the comments of footie-mad daughter (her team's match was postponed this afternoon and she phoned just before they went to clear the snow off an all-weather pitch so they could have a training session instead) don't bear repeating.

Sometimes advertisers are a bit too clever for their own good.

josienig and coffeekid like this.
  2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Or the Ladies Gaelic Football Association? Two different games.

cuteinpuce likes this.
  3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I think it's Gaelic Football.

josienig likes this.