1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Is this Braxton Hicks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by dilly_84, Mar 22, 2011.

1. dilly_84

dilly_84 New commenter

Evening all!
    I apologise in advance if I seem rather clueless...but I am! Today my lower tummy keeps going rock solid and then after a couple of minutes it relaxes again. It's not painful, just really uncomfortable especially if I'm walking at the same time.
    Is this Braxton Hicks? I'm only 24+6 so I'm not too sure if this is too early for them.
    Also bean has gone really low in my belly (below my belly button) and has been there for a few days now, is this what is causing the contractions?
    Finally, could they be brought on by stress? I've had quite a sh1te day (just got home now and cooking tea at 10pm) so not sure if that could be anything to do with it.
    Many, many thanks for your help!
    Dilly x

2. Yes it does sound like braxton hicks to me - teacher and not a doctor though. I got them really early on with my first - at around 20 weeks and remember being double over till they past. Don't know if stress had anything to do with them but being physically active brought them on as did if I was crouching down a lot - I was in nursery/infants at the time and couldn't sit down on pupils chairs for very long or that set them off.
    Hope that reassures you.
    By the way - getting home at 10pm isn't great. Try to put your feet up as it's just not worth burning yourself out. You and baby come first![​IMG]

3. Hi, ive had bh for a few weeks and it sounds like they are. MW said nothing to worry about. Busy days and quickly changing position seem to bring mine on.
    Sounds like you had a long old day,
    iltw x