1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this acceptable?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by vornstar, Feb 2, 2016.

1. vornstar

vornstar New commenter

I teach P1 and P2 and then go on duty P3. Is it acceptable that I was told during P1 that my timetabled has been changed and one of my groups has been moved from a different day to P3. I have not yet planned anything for this lesson, so it'll have to be an hour of code (not what we're supposed to be doing).

2. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

Not really but not totally surprising. It maybe that someone is long term sick and a member of staff (HOD) has to step in to teach say an exam class and so some timetables have to be accommodated in order that this can happen.
    The communication to you is the only weak point here and it might be worth pointing this out whoever has put you in this predicament. The P3 lesson will have to be a throw away lesson because you have not had time to plan it properly. Difficult as it is just get on with it and ask for a new timetable for your planner.

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Sometimes these things happen. Schools get unpredictable problems. The quid quo pro is that they will have to accept pretty rudimentary planning. I would also expect this to be emergency only. I guess these days any sort of pay back for flexibility is unlikely to happen.