1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Is this a strong salary and accommodation package for Ras Al Khaimah?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Training_2_Teach, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

Is this a strong salary and accommodation package for Ras Al Khaimah?
    • A monthly tax free salary of AED12198 (£2,045.78 ) to 13698 (£2,297.22),
    • A monthly housing allowance of AED9280 (£1,556.48) (couples) per month,
    • A relocation allowance of AED20000 (£3,354.34),
    • Medical insurance for up to 3 children and a total education allowance of AED60000 (£10,063.01 ) per annum (suitable for one child only).
    • Flights for employee and spouse only.
    • Male and female applicants can sponsor their married partner.
    What are the prices like for renting a property in Ras Al Khaimah?

2. Training_2_Teach

What is it like living in RAK compared to the other major UAE cities like Dubai, AD, Sharjah, Al-Ain?>

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Doesn't matter what the package is, its RAK. Not the greatest of places to be.

4. rednelly84

rednelly84 New commenter

Ok place for a weekend, that's about it.

5. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

If I was with children (the OP mentions costs for children so I'm presuming he has some or why mention it) I wouldn't go to RAK. Not a family type place, much better in the region for families. The little ones will be bored beyong belief - not that there's too much for adults there, but a single guy without family might not mind long drives to get to civilisation...

6. rednelly84

rednelly84 New commenter

Sorry, will rephrase what I said...
    Ok place for a quiet weekend, that's about it.
    :)

7. Training_2_Teach

Thanks for warning me about this place, it does seem dull and boring even through 'google images'.

8. miketribe

miketribe Occasional commenter

I have a friend who moved there in Sepember and is loving it. I supposed that that just goes to show that different people have different tastes. He and his wife are rather older and his family has grown up and left home so there's not a problem there. He's been sending back pictures of trips out into the desert, courses in falconry, scuba diving, etc, etc. It doesn't seem to the palling for them, but I don't suppose they're planning on staying there for years and years...

9. miketribe

miketribe Occasional commenter

I have a friend who moved there in Sepember and is loving it. I supposed that that just goes to show that different people have different tastes. He and his wife are rather older and his family has grown up and left home so there's not a problem there. He's been sending back pictures of trips out into the desert, courses in falconry, scuba diving, etc, etc. It doesn't seem to the palling for them, but I don't suppose they're planning on staying there for years and years...